Porto FAQ and education page
We’ve made the registration process as easy as possible so that anyone could enter the world of Bitcoin. To register, you need to do the following steps:
- Open the Porto app
- Read carefully the welcome screens
- If you have a referral code, insert it
- Enter your phone number
- In a minute, you’ll receive a 4-digit code by SMS - you need to enter these digits in the app
- Create your password, repeat it
- Then you’ll be proposed to create a paper key for your better safety. The paper key will help you to recover your wallet if your phone is lost, or you have changed the phone number. To create a paper key, you need to write down the proposed 12 words - they are generated randomly. Then you’ll be asked to choose the correct words to make sure you have written down everything correctly. Still, you can skip this step and create the paper key later.
- The last step is to create a PIN for authorization.
To log in, you need to enter your phone number and the password, and then enter the PIN-code or use the Touch ID if you have enabled it. Also, we use the two-factor authorization, and it is done for your safety. Nobody will ever hack your wallet without knowing your phone number, password, and PIN-code. If you have forgotten your password, you can click the appropriate button and receive the new password in the SMS message.
The paper key is made to protect your funds in case you lose access to our application. The paper key will help to restore your account and the funds on it. When you create an account, we offer to create a paper key. You can do this immediately, or postpone the decision for later. The creation of the paper key includes the following key stages:
- We suggest you to remember the 12 random words. Write them down in a safe place.
- When you have written everything down, we ask you to specify the words under the numbers to make sure that you have not messed up anything and recorded everything correctly.
- If you correctly specify the proposed words, your paper key is ready. Keep it in a safe place and don’t show it to other people in any case!
It’s never been this easy before! Send bitcoins to any user, even if he/she doesn’t use the crypto-wallet yet. When sending crypto coins, you have several options:
- If the user is next to you, ask him to show you the QR-code and read it through our application – so you will not get lost in the long code of the wallet.
- If you have another person's wallet number, copy and paste it into the appropriate block in our app.
- If another user has no application for the cryptocurrency storage, or you don't know the number of the wallet, you can send digital coins just by the phone number. Select a user from your phone book, and if he/she doesn't have a wallet yet, he/she will receive a notification and an invitation to install Porto.
To send bitcoins to people from your phone book, you must give the access to it first in the Settings. When you send bitcoins to other users, you pay NOTHING but a miners’ fee – it is determined by the network load and some other factors that we cannot influence.
Transfer funds without borders! This is what we wanted to achieve with Porto, and we did it! You can receive funds from your friends and family, employer, customer, right to your Porto wallet without paying a penny for account maintenance. To get your funds, you have several options:
- If the sender is nearby, generate a QR-code and show it to another person.
- Send your wallet number to another person - make a long click on your address in the Receive section to copy it.
- If another person has your contact and uses Porto, he/she can select you in the phone book by name.
When you show a QR-code, you can immediately specify the amount you want to receive from another person – this is especially convenient if you request payment for your services or goods. Enter the required amount, then generate a cod, -and the user's application will automatically display the amount to be sent. Receiving funds via Porto, you don’t pay anything – the sender pays the miners’s fee.
When you start using our application, you have only one, default wallet. You can create another one at any time and change its name. So, you can keep separate wallets to manage work and personal funds, create the wallet for the accumulation of vacation funds, keep bitcoins for trading on the exchange, etc. You can set any wallet as the default one, as well as transfer funds between the wallets, if necessary. You can also archive your existing wallets, but not the default one.
Languages and currencies
We believe that the transfer of funds can be really without borders! There are several languages available in the app, and we are constantly working to ensure that you can comfortably use Porto from anywhere in the world. All changes regarding languages and currencies can be made in the “Settings” section. There you can select the interface language and mark the currency in which you want to see the equivalent of bitcoin transactions and the amount on the account.